BIBLIOGRAPHY on the therapeutic use of noni
There are several scientific studies on the therapeutic benefits
of noni whose bibliographical references we present here:
- Agomo, P., "Antimalarina medicinal plants and their impact
on cell populations in various organs of mice". African
Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. (1992 Dec)
- Asuzu, I., "Efects of Morinda lucida Leaf extract on Trypanosome
Brucei infection in mice". Journal of Ethnophermacology.
- Bushnell, O., "Antibacterial properties of some plants in
Hawaii". Pacific Science. (1950:4)
- Dittmar, A., "Morinda citrifolia L. use in indigenous Samoan
medicine". Journal of Herbs, Spices and Medicinal Plants
- Heinicke, R. "The pharmacologically active ingredients of
noni". University of Hawaii.
- Hiramatsu, M., "Induction of normal phenotypes in RAS-transformed
cells by damnacanthal from Morinda citrifolia". Cancer
- Hirazumi, A., "An immunomodularory polysaccharide-rich substance
from the fruit juice of Morinda Citrifolia (noni) with antitumour
activity". Phytotherapy Research (1999 Aug)
- Hirazumi,A., "Anticancer activity of Morinda citrifolia on
intraperiotneally implanted Lewis lung carcinoma in syngenic mice".
Proceedings of the Western Pharmacology Society (1996:39)
- Levand, O. and Larson, H., "Some chemical constituents of
Morinda citrifolia". Planta Medica (1979 June)
- Olajide, O., "Evaluation of the anti-diabetic property of
Morinda lucida leaves in streptozotocin-diabetic rats". The
Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (1999 Nov)
- Sittie, A., "Structure-activity studies: in vitro antileishmanial
and anti-malarial activities of anthraquinones from Morinda lucida".
Planta Medica (1999:65)
- Solomon, N., The Noni Phenomenon. Direct Source Publishing,
- Younos, C., "Analgesic and behavioral effects of Morinda
citrifolia". Planta Medica (1990:56).